One of the missions of Centre is to advocate a comprehensive OHS policy framework and promote sustainable OHS development for the society. We concern about various OHS issues covering different topics and industries; we care about the legislation and execution of the policies; and we maintain good communication with the government and stakeholders so to respond timely to diverse OHS issues. In the past years, the Centre has also worked with partners to study and diagnose the underlying problems of different OHS issues.
Issues which the Centre was concerned in the recent years include:
- The Occupational Health and Safety and work injury status in Hong Kong
- The total ban of Asbestos use in Hong Kong
- The formulation of policy on standard working hours and maximum working hours
- The review and modification of the Employees Compensation Ordinance (Cap. 282)
- The formation of a centralized compensation system for occupational injury and diseases